Time program -Draft version
Title of the conference: Reconnecting forestry science and practice: networking knowledge
Location: Radlje ob Dravi
Date: 11.-14. September 2019
Wednesday September 11, 2019
- From 12.00 onward: Organised transportation of participants from Ljubljana (University in Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Department of forestry, Vecna pot 68) and Brnik airport to Radlje.
- Up to 16.00: Accommodation, registration at Radlje Castle (Koroška cesta 68, 2360 Radlje ob Dravi)
- 16.00: Welcome to the guests at Radlje Castle - Eckart Senitza – president of Pro Silva, Alan Bukovnik – major of Radlje
- 16.15: Presentation of Pahernik's room and CSG (Center of close to nature forest management)
- 17.15: Visit to the forest educational path Old Castle, forest pedagogy, evening social gathering.
Thursday 12 September 2019
- 9.00 - 9.45: Hall in Radlje, opening ceremony of the event (cultural program, greetings of officials and honorary guests).
- 9.45 - 9.50 (05 min): Break
- 9.50 - 11.20 (90 min): Lectures and workshop. Leading topic: Transfer of science into practice.
- (1) Contemporary research in the field of ecological forestry: from problem formulation to dissemination, Prof. Dr. Klaus Puetmann (Oregon State University, USA)
- (2) Involving practitioners in academic research for improvement of close-to-nature forestry; Dr. Peter Ammann (Fachstelle Waldbau (FWB), Lyss, Switzerland)
- 11.20 - 11.50 (30 min): Coffee Break11.50 – 13:30 (100 min): Lectures and workshop
- (3) Thirty years of ProSilva Europe and challenges for the future; Dr. Bill (W.) Mason (CCFG UK, Forest Research)
- (4) Interactive workshop (live polling) and panel discussion: Prioritising developmental constraints and developing problem solving research
- 13:30 – 14:15 (45 min): Lunch
- 14:15 - 19.00: Excursion to the Pahernik forest
- 19:30: Social evening
Friday September 13, 2019
- 8:30 - 17:00: Fieldworkshops, Lunch in the field
- Group A: Mislinja forests: Sixty years of gradual conversion of spruce monocultures.
- Group B: Lehen forests: Autochthonous control method in the selection forests of Slovenia.
- 17.00 - 19.00: Pro Silva Annual Board Meeting 2019
- 19.00: Dinner offered by the community of Radlje
Saturday, 14. September 2019
- 7:30-9:00 Driving from Radlje to Celje
- 9:00-14:00 Fieldworkshop
- Topic: Celje urban forests: Close-to-nature silviculture for multipurpose forest management in urban and recreational areas.
- Lunch in the field.
- 15:00 Arrival to Ljubljana and farewell